I cannot believe the LACK of customer service I received from Samsung. I purchased a Samsung Smart TV in October that I gave as a gift at Christmas. Once the gift was opened and the TV was being assembled, the recipient noticed that the power cord was missing from the box. After unsuccessfully attempting to make contact with Samsung via the website and phone (put on hold for up to 10 minutes and then disconnected), I finally was able to reach someone in customer service. And, what was the response?
"I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I see your delivery date was 10/09/2015. Unfortunately, any missing part would need to be reported within the first 30 days of purchase. If you would like to purchase a power cable you can do this here. http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/UN32J5205AFXZA/Default.aspx
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Drew T.| Samsung Electronics America, Inc. | Social Media Support Team"
Ummmm....where does it state that missing parts have to be reported within 30 days of purchase? It was reported within 30 days of being given as a gift at Christmas. Why would I pay TWICE for parts that should have been included in the box in the first place? What kind of company tries to hold a customer responsible for its mistakes? As a long-time Samsung customer, I, seriously, am going to re-think any future Samsung purchases.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Way they do business
- Failure to provide all parts to products
- Failure to honor customer purchase
- Reason of review:
- missing part
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Samsung Smart Tv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I'VE NEVER DROPED THIS DOME! I'VE CARED FOR IT SINCE PURCHASE. THE SPLITS IN THE DOME ARE FROM COOKING ONLY. I purchased my oven when you only received one for the..."
- "I purchased a 50-inch TV during the first shopping event at Walmart Thanksgiving Day for the one hour guarantee. Upon arriving home (2-hours away from the store), I entered..."
- "We got our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was starting to creak every..."
- "Purchased these green beans a day ago. I don't know what is in it but it is nasty. I would like to be contacted about this. I don't know if..."
- "My husband bought me a Le Vian chocolate and white Diamond band for our anniversary and i have had it less than 2 months. One of the white diamonds has..."
- "I was also DENIED by Turo. They requested my Photo id and credit card info. I have an 810 credit score, perfect driving + insurance history and elite membership status..."