Samsung Electronics - Is Samsung Scamming Customers?

I cannot believe the LACK of customer service I received from Samsung. I purchased a Samsung Smart TV in October that I gave as a gift at Christmas. Once the gift was opened and the TV was being assembled, the recipient noticed that the power cord was missing from the box. After unsuccessfully attempting to make contact with Samsung via the website and phone (put on hold for up to 10 minutes and then disconnected), I finally was able to reach someone in customer service. And, what was the response?

"I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I see your delivery date was 10/09/2015. Unfortunately, any missing part would need to be reported within the first 30 days of purchase. If you would like to purchase a power cable you can do this here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

Drew T.| Samsung Electronics America, Inc. | Social Media Support Team"

Ummmm....where does it state that missing parts have to be reported within 30 days of purchase? It was reported within 30 days of being given as a gift at Christmas. Why would I pay TWICE for parts that should have been included in the box in the first place? What kind of company tries to hold a customer responsible for its mistakes? As a long-time Samsung customer, I, seriously, am going to re-think any future Samsung purchases.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Way they do business
    • Dishonesty
    • Failure to provide all parts to products
    • Failure to honor customer purchase

Reason of review:
missing part
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Samsung Smart Tv
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #768303

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Samsung Electronics? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Samsung Electronics. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Samsung Electronics.
Filing a new complaint about