I cannot believe the LACK of customer service I received from Samsung. I purchased a Samsung Smart TV in October that I gave as a gift at Christmas. Once the gift was opened and the TV was being assembled, the recipient noticed that the power cord was missing from the box. After unsuccessfully attempting to make contact with Samsung via the website and phone (put on hold for up to 10 minutes and then disconnected), I finally was able to reach someone in customer service. And, what was the response?
"I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I see your delivery date was 10/09/2015. Unfortunately, any missing part would need to be reported within the first 30 days of purchase. If you would like to purchase a power cable you can do this here. http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/UN32J5205AFXZA/Default.aspx
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Drew T.| Samsung Electronics America, Inc. | Social Media Support Team"
Ummmm....where does it state that missing parts have to be reported within 30 days of purchase? It was reported within 30 days of being given as a gift at Christmas. Why would I pay TWICE for parts that should have been included in the box in the first place? What kind of company tries to hold a customer responsible for its mistakes? As a long-time Samsung customer, I, seriously, am going to re-think any future Samsung purchases.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Way they do business
- Failure to provide all parts to products
- Failure to honor customer purchase
- Reason of review:
- missing part
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Samsung Smart Tv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "Tv is 2 years old good thing i was home left bottom corner started to smolder almost like it would catch on fire if left u noticed ..."
- "I purchased 2 two nu wave oven and both went through the same failure , dome crack. Other problem is that the unit at a year start losing the..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."