I cannot believe the LACK of customer service I received from Samsung. I purchased a Samsung Smart TV in October that I gave as a gift at Christmas. Once the gift was opened and the TV was being assembled, the recipient noticed that the power cord was missing from the box. After unsuccessfully attempting to make contact with Samsung via the website and phone (put on hold for up to 10 minutes and then disconnected), I finally was able to reach someone in customer service. And, what was the response?
"I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I see your delivery date was 10/09/2015. Unfortunately, any missing part would need to be reported within the first 30 days of purchase. If you would like to purchase a power cable you can do this here. http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/UN32J5205AFXZA/Default.aspx
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Drew T.| Samsung Electronics America, Inc. | Social Media Support Team"
Ummmm....where does it state that missing parts have to be reported within 30 days of purchase? It was reported within 30 days of being given as a gift at Christmas. Why would I pay TWICE for parts that should have been included in the box in the first place? What kind of company tries to hold a customer responsible for its mistakes? As a long-time Samsung customer, I, seriously, am going to re-think any future Samsung purchases.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Way they do business
- Failure to provide all parts to products
- Failure to honor customer purchase
- Reason of review:
- missing part
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Samsung Smart Tv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We should have just bought the Brother printer! We're a couple engineers that occasionally work from home and run a small community so we though we'd get ourselves a top of..."
- "I bought the new Samsung Galaxy s6 1/5/2015 and on the 23 i noted a purple color in the images if the front camera in the low light, i went..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."
- "I purchased a Marketside organic spring mix salad from Walmart. It was in a clear hard plastic container. It says on the package washed and ready to eat. I opened..."
- "I ordered a pair of faxon canvas low sneakers that were navy blue and lime green. I was originally happy with the purchase and started to wear the shoes out...."