Gabriel D Uhg

Problem with my Samsung tv

I lost my original remote control, and now the tv won't turn on even I use the physical power button.

User's recommendation: I lost my original samsung remote, and the TV won't turn on even I use the physical power button

Doug R Ubk

| map-marker Miami, Florida

Fraudulent charges, Unethical conduct, illegal bait and switch tactics.

Samsung Electronics - Fraudulent charges, Unethical conduct, illegal bait and switch tactics.
Samsung Electronics - Fraudulent charges, Unethical conduct, illegal bait and switch... - Image 2
Samsung Electronics - Fraudulent charges, Unethical conduct, illegal bait and switch... - Image 3
Samsung Electronics - Fraudulent charges, Unethical conduct, illegal bait and switch... - Image 4
Updated by user Feb 09, 2024

It has been two months and Samsung continues to blatantly lie and refuse to address the core complaint. Samsung customer service says they don't defraud customers and their checkout system isn't designed to remove promotions despite my providing evidence to the...

Original review Dec 07, 2023
Was trying to purchase a watch on the website. I was eligible for 2 promotions, including a trade in.
This took nearly 6 hours of being given misinformation from their customer service team.
The customer service rep finally set the cart up for me and emailed it to me, so I only would need to add the payment and submit it.

The total cost at this point was 69.99 (see attachment).
When I arrived home, I contacted customer service and spoke with a supervisor, who offered me an additional 30.00 discount due to the unprofessional conduct of the staff. I asked him specifically If that could be applied on top of the other promotions. He said it could.
I then went to check out and applied the additional promotion code, which was accepted. This should have brought the price of the item down to 39.99.
When I went to check out after entering my credit card and submitting the payment, my card was charged 134.60.

That's nearly one hundred dollars higher than the price in the cart, which represents a contract between the consumer and the business.
I contacted customer support over this and cancelled the order and asked why they intentionally tried to defraud me by altering the price without notifying me before I submitted the payment. They altered the price as it was being processed. I believe they do this because they hope that people won't notice they have been overcharged, and sadly it's an effective strategy as many don't catch it, which I believe is what they count on.
I contacted customer service repeatedly to the point where they were just hanging up on me. I will state here before I continue that I'm not going to dispute each lie I was told individually, I will simply point out that I currently put the same item in the cart today and the three promotions that over the past 4 days that I was told by various agents were not stackable are all applied.

So they are stackable.
The first person told me the military discount could not be applied with the trade in. Not true! The second person told me the military discount could not be applied with the additional promotion I was offered due to the horrible customer service, also not true.
Essentially every person I spoke to just spun a story to try to justify why the promotions couldn't be used together. They appear to just make things up as they go along.

This seems to be an extremely unethical company to conduct business in this manner.
When I finally got a supervisor on the phone, he told me to send him the screenshots of the original invoice and the receipt, and he would take care of it and call me back. I did as he asked and about an hour later he emailed me stating he was unable to get through to my phone, which was likely a lie. When I asked how the issue was going to be addressed having sent the screenshots, he never responded again.
I then went to fill out a complaint on the corporate website. I got a response from Princes stating they would be contacting me the next day.

Furthermore, I responded with the best times to reach me and never heard back, and this person never contacted me.
I responded back repeatedly to the corporate office, and they are just ignoring my emails and calls.
Today I went into another chat session to speak with customer service. I had completed the cart again, and although I didn't submit the payment, the total at the end reflected all three promotions being applied. Clear evidence of their staff blatantly lying.
At the end the person on the chat session then firmly told me that even with the promotions the lowest price was 120.00 or something around there. I explained to him, I'm looking at a cart with 102.00 total.

Again, they just make things up as they go along.
I called again and spoke to a supervisor who assured me she would address my concerns and then hung up on me.
At this point, I have filed a formal complaint with the Federal Trade commission. I am following up with the Attorney General in both Florida where I live and in New Jersey, where their corporate office is located. I am a veteran not that it matters, but this is a company that has no problem with defrauding US Veterans which is additionally shameful since this is a South Korean business and the only reason they have a business is because of US Veterans. Furthermore, I know because I spent two years there.
I Furthermore, Also believe they are intentionally engaging in bait and switch tactics which is a form of fraud.

If offers are not stackable, they need to be transparent about this. They cannot arbitrarily remove them after you submit payment and not tell you.
All I initially requested was for them to honor the original offer which they put in writing, and they refuse to do so.
After my experience I found that this is a pattern with this company and have seen many people with the same complaints. However, people need to start filtering all complaints to the FTC, which is a very easy process. They can pursue meaningful action to protect consumers, but it only works if everyone does it.
I am hoping the Attorneys general in the two states I'm filing complaints in consider taking legal action over what I believe to be unethical and likely illegal business tactics.
The first attachment is the invoice.

The second is what I was charged, and the third is a cart I put together today that reflects all three promotions applied.

The last is the email from corporate stating that someone would contact me. I have many more screenshots proving every step of the process, which I will be turning over to the FTC and Attorneys general.
Pros:
  • Overall the phone
Cons:
  • Likely engaging in bait and switch tactics with promotions
  • Worthless
  • Not very poor but atrocious customer service

Preferred solution: I want them to sell me the device for the price they promised and was in the cart. they should have to honor that contract.

User's recommendation: Of course I would recommend that people choose other products but we live in a world where people prioritize their luxuries and conveniences over their values which is why companies are so emboldened to treat customers in such a dismissive manner. I would however strongly urge anyone who experienced any bait and switch tactics with their promotions where there is no transparacy in pricing to report these cases to the Federal Trade Commission. Again, it's an easy process.

Tim14527

I have had a similar situation and have evidence that Samsung slandered me. I am looking to pursue litigation.

Is there a way to get hold of you? I am in central NY and would like to talk. I also have screenshots.

I learned of your case searching the BBB which for some strange reason rates Samsung Electronics America, Inc. with a A+ ???

reply icon Replying to comment of Tim14527

I should also add that they gave me one price which I have the screenshots, then claimed there was a "glitch" in their checkout. When I went to checkout the price reverted back without the discount I was given.

I was assured they would immediately return the balance and create a "ticket" for it while on the phone with me.

They did but then didn't return the difference. It seemed like a "bait and switch" to me also that they hoped I didn't notice!

Guest

You sound like a horrible person. It sounds like Karma is coming for you as it should.

Guest
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2442641

Yeah it's horrible that Samsung ripped me off. Sounds like karma already came for your intellect.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2442641

I would like to get hold of you! I found your initial complaint on BBB.

I have had a similar experience but actually was slandered by Samsung and I'm starting litigation against them. How can I get hold of you???

View more comments (4)
Audrey W Isw

| map-marker Frankfort, Kentucky

Samsung Smart TV Remote Design Flaws

Samsung Electronics - Samsung Smart TV Remote Design Flaws
Samsung Electronics - Samsung Smart TV Remote Design Flaws - Image 2
Samsung Electronics - Samsung Smart TV Remote Design Flaws - Image 3
Samsung Electronics - Samsung Smart TV Remote Design Flaws - Image 4

Programming T.V form first time was hard. Tried not to hit wrong button, unable to read the writing on buttons, due to small size font.

Volume key is directly above "Netflix and other buttons, causing their page to come up. Volume button does not always work, takes forever for volume to increase. Why not have regular buttons instead of horizontal bar to push up or down push hitting other buttons? Remote is Slippery and hard to grip causing remote to slip and fall hitting multiple buttons.

All the buttons are cramped together. There is about 1 1/2 " down below with nothing, why not use that space to make a little room and space buttons out.

I do love the built in Alexa however.

There are no universal remotes for this TV, or ones with voice or Alexa.,,

Samsung needs to step up and design this remote, replacing all remotes to customers. There are hundreds of complaints on Google,

When typing in "Issues with Samsung Smart TV Remotes" and was blown away how many people have the same complaints.

User's recommendation: Redesign Samsung Smart TV Remote

Les B Ahf

Customer Service is a Joke & Other Absurd Things

Original review Dec 28, 2023

I purchased a Samsung Odyssey Ark 2nd Gen. 4K UHD 165Hz 1ms(GtG) Quantum Mini-LED 55" Curved Gaming Screen from another company on or about November 20, 2023, delivered on 11/25/23 i.e.

not Samsung. It was damaged in shipping and ultimately returned for a refund.

This monitor is a behemoth, very heavy, putting it together is a 2 person job, not to mention moving it from one room to another, it takes 2 people; monitor weight 128 pounds, awkward to carry and it must be lifted by the base (base is 58lbs itself), you cannot grasp the monitor as the base would put too much stress on the back of the monitor where the base is attached. The first monitor I referenced above, I had to pay someone to help set it up.

I decided to purchase the same monitor directly from Samsung and contacted Samsung customer service, customer service person said that if I purchased another through Samsung that the purchase included white glove service (Enjoy free delivery, unpacking, assembly and cleanup) and they gave me $100 off, I purchased the unit from Samsung (11/26/23) through customer service, not the website. When I received shipping info from AGS (Freight company Samsung uses), it showed delivery service threshold, explaining that threshold meant they would carry it into my house but nothing else.

I contacted Samsung again and was told that white glove service had not been added to the order when the customer service agent placed the order, and that the order could not be changed, meaning white glove could not be added.

Results, I, as Samsung instructed, refused the first shipment and ordered the same monitor that supposedly included white glove service paying Samsung another $2000+. I received shipping information from AGS for the second order showing deliver date 12/5/23, which was delayed until 12/7/23, details on the 12/7/23 delivery that I received, delivery, threshold, same as the first order, no white glove service. I contacted Samsung again on 12/7/23, I will abbreviate this interaction, I again was on the phone with Samsung, AGS and another company Samsung referred me to that had nothing to do with the matter at hand for 6 hours that day, 4 hours in the morning and 2 late afternoon and evening, 6 wasted hours!

The customer service person I dealt with, Mercedes, (12/7/23) late in the afternoon, told me that she had contacted AGS and that they were going to add the white glove service to the order. I did not believe her, so I contacted AGS to verify and was told, no, the service had not been added to the order, that the person at AGS that Mercedes talked to was simply a customer service person that had no authority to do anything.

They said the order cannot be changed, but that they would escalate the matter to upper management to see if they could get an exception.

The next communication I received was from AGS (12/7/23) Shannon, AGS, Samsung Team Lead | Minneapolis Branch, saying that I needed to contact the Samsung escalation department, have them contact AGS so the service could be added to the order. I called AGS told them that the escalation department does not talk directly to customers and that I was not going to call Samsung support again because of A. they might speak the English language, but they did not understand it. B.

the time and or hours it would take to get to someone (supervisor) that had the authority to do anything, if I even could, the latter meaning a couple of the customer service people refused to transfer me to someone, or anyone in authority.

12/11/23 I received email from AGS Nhia Customer Service Coordinator | Minneapolis Branch saying, in part "Below mail received and was forwarded to our contacts at Samsung to see if your shipment can be upgraded to white glove delivery. As soon as we receive a response from Samsung, we will advise. Let us know if you have any questions." result wait and see.

12/11/23, I called Samsung customer service, spent more than an hour on the phone, I could not understand much of what the support person was saying, voice muffled, she talked very fast. First, she said that white label service was only for business customers, I told her to look at the product page, Delivery details White Glove Service, Enjoy free delivery, unpacking, assembly and cleanup.

An additional peace of mind. She still continued to say white glove is for business customers not retail customers; to which I responded, it says nothing about business customers on the product page therefore they were bound by it. She then said once the order has been placed the order cannot be changed, that was what I was told when I purchased the second monitor from Samsung. I related all the info above to her, she heard what I was saying but I do not believe she understood much of it or for that matter any of my words, she just kept repeating the same rhetoric as before.

In the end I wasted more than an hour as nothing was resolved. I kept asking for a supervisor, she put me on hold several times, no supervisor, and in the end, she claimed to be a supervisor, which I feel certain was a lie, if she was a supervisor, she would have said that to begin with when I asked for a supervisor.

I received an email from customer service after the above conversation saying no, we cannot add white glove service to the order, that I would need to purchase a third monitor from Samsung to get the white glove service. The first monitor purchased from a third party was defective and returned but not yet credited back to my credit card, the second and third monitors were ordered from Samsung, the first was refused the second is pending this white glove mess. At that time nothing had been credited back to my card, so I had over $6000 billed to my credit card for 3 monitors and I didnt even have 1 monitor to show for it, and they wanted me to order another; THATS ABSURD AND SIMPLY NOT RIGHT!!

At this point I was at my wits end I did a few searches on the web and found a way to contact the CEO of Samsung America via email.

A day later I received a call from James in the Executive Case Manager | Executive Escalations Support Group, I was told not to general contact customer service again, deal directly with him long and short of it, white glove service was added to the order, I received it on 12/19/23, they unboxed the monitor, put it together, moved it into my office, and yes it took 2 people to do the job.

This entire mess was created by Samsungs IT person, the person adding the product to the shopping cart, when it was added, the white glove box that could be checked if you wanted that service was grayed when checking out because white glove service was included in the price. The problem was that when checkout was complete, the white glove service was not added to the order.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Reliable
  • Quality products
Cons:
  • Customer service was at one time good not so much these days

Preferred solution: I write computer code for a living, and charge $50 per hour for my services. I spent well over 10 hours (workday hours) on the phone and asked for compensation for all the time I wasted trying to resolve this issue ($500) they offered $200..

User's recommendation: Samsung use to have good tech support, not so much these days. After ordering something from Samsung, check the order and make sure it includes everything you were supposed to get.

Antonya T

Tv went out for the 2nd time

Samsung Electronics - Tv went out for the 2nd time
I purchased a 75 inch tv from Samsung in 2021 my screen went out a year later, I was still in my warranty so they came to fix it. Fast forward to almost 3 years later my sceeen goes out again and the only thing that they can offer me is a tv for $679 when my tv is still brand new. Im so lost for words and so in disbelief. You try to buy the best quality and get the worst quality its all just a name I will never purchase another Samsung tv ever.
Loss:

Preferred solution: My tv repaired.

Jeannette G Sqt

Verified Reviewer

My phone melted and caught fire

Samsung Electronics - My phone melted and caught fire
Samsung Electronics - My phone melted and caught fire - Image 2
Samsung Electronics - My phone melted and caught fire - Image 3
Samsung Electronics - My phone melted and caught fire - Image 4

I contacted customer service and emailed the CEO my phone melted and caught fire near my face making a phone call. It melted my case and blew smoke and fire.

When contacting customer service I was hung up on multiple times! Then when I asked to speak to a manager they said please hold and directed me to someone else! I have multiple devices and a fridge from them! I didn't expect the disrespect and the disregard for the situation and problem.

It is not my fault and they aren't taking responsibility. So a lawyer will now have to be involved.

Bravo Samsung! I have never had an issue with them even my kids have their products!

Preferred solution: Compensation and an apology

Aavya Bhu

| map-marker Eagle, Idaho

Need advice on speaker stands

Samsung Electronics - Need advice on speaker stands
Samsung Electronics - Need advice on speaker stands - Image 2
Samsung Electronics - Need advice on speaker stands - Image 3
The lady that received my call was courteous, and understanding, but had no technical knowledge about electronics. My Samsung product is very nice, but there are some issues with it. The rear speaker power cables are too short and impractical...I had to buy extension cords to reach electrical connections.

User's recommendation: Plan on buying extension cords for rear surround speakers. If you want speaker stands, look for ones that have a large diameter pole (almost 1 1/4")to accommodate the 90 speaker connector. (Mounting Dream on Amazon )

Joel Chandler B

Verified Reviewer

The Frame TV: Totally bug-ridden, flaky cloud service and lousy(non-existent) customer service

Samsung Electronics - The Frame TV: Totally bug-ridden, flaky cloud service and... - Image 2
Updated by user Oct 04, 2023

Samsung continues to ignore ALL the problems and issues. Cust Serv/Tech Support are still useless and Samsung does not respond to any direct inquiries. I've just written off my losses and will never again buy any Samsung product.

Original review Sep 19, 2023
My home is filled with Samsung smart products and other Samsung products - smart washer & dryer, smart microwave, multiple 60"+ smart TV's, zFlip phones, refrigerator, etc. I have been a customer for years and always happy with their quality and never had a single problem or need to call their customer service or tech support.

I had always wanted to have one of their Frame TV's (they display art when not watching TV and totally appear to be an actual framed art piece. So, when I received an ad from Samsung offering The Frame TV (65") at a great price, I jumped and ordered it directly from Samsung immediately. I also purchased the least expensive ($197) wood-look frame for it, which is really necessary to complete the illusion of it being a framed art piece. Upon receipt, I immediately saw that the $197 frame was nothing but cheap, brittle plastic that couldn't have cost more than $10 to produce, if that.

I returned the frame and replaced it with a $497 gold aluminum frame, which while not worth $497, does look great. Got the TV setup and immediately ran into bugs in their "art mode" software, causing me to contact their support line. Over the first month had the occasion to have too contact support at least 15 times. Once you get past the typical it must be customer error (it wasn't) or bad wifi (my incoming internet is 1.4GB and wifi to the TV ALWAYS tests out as "very strong" at a speed of at least 760-790Mbps.) Then you need to get past the "I've never heard of this problem before.", before moving on to the only 3 phrases they seem to have at that point: "We're sorry for the inconvenience", "You need to do a factory reset" or "It must be a hardware issue, we'll schedule a technician to come out." Given the constant being placed on hold, each call averaged 45-60 minutes and never solved a single issue.

Upon further research at their own Community Forums and other sites, such as Reddit, I came to find that literally hundreds, if not thousands of customers were experiencing the same bugs, most having existed for well over a year with still no fixes from Samsung and everyone experienced the exact same responses from Samsung support. Fortunately some of the bugs had workarounds developed by the users themselves., though all required several steps you have to go through everytime the bug happens. The first few times, I went along with Samsung and did the factory reset, which mostly accomplished nothing, except to create new bugs. Also, the "art mode" relies heavily upon the Samsung cloud to operate and it can be as flaky as the TV's software.

On the few occasions I called about the flakiness of the cloud, I was usually told they couldn't help me at that time since their own internal computer systems were down, which came as no surprise. The software for the "art mode" is not even up to the quality of a beta version. The TV operation and quality of the set is great and the "art mode" is really nice as long as you are willing to fight to get it to work properly for awhile, until one of the other many bugs appear, usually within a very short time. Samsung is well aware of all of these problems, yet continue to fail to fix them.

So in the end, I paid an extra $762, compared to the equivalent model without "art mode", plus $497 for the frame - a grand total of $1229 for a product that, while great in theory, is nothing more than a buggy pain in the butt. And Samsung still remains incapable of solving any of the problems.
As loyal and dedicated I have been to all Samsung products over the years, this experience has made me vow to never buy another Samsung product. My recommendation to anyone interested in The Frame TV is to check out all the comments on internet boards and at Samsung itself and you most certainly will quickly decide against it. The majority of their p[products are great, but heaven help you with this product or if you ever need to deal with their so-called "support".

This concept, while great, should have never been sold to the public.

If you have an extra $1200+ that you want to just throw away, then go for it. If you don't want to be totally ripped off, then steer clear of this product.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Most products are great
Cons:
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don't even think about purchasing this inferior product from Samsung

Doug R Ubk

https://***/#/ Go to the FTC website and file a formal complaint. The more people that take action the quicker they will go after Samsung with legal action over their horrible customer service and dishonest marketing tactics.

MELODI B Wuo

| map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

I cannot get through to customer service!!!!!

Samsung Electronics - I cannot get through to customer service!!!!!
I have attempted for 3 days to reach customer service with no success. Someone please help and contact me. 404-667-****. Melodi Brown

User's recommendation: Don’t buy a Samsung!!!!!!!!!

Michelle B Ftw

| map-marker Fayetteville, North Carolina

Never received refund charged additional $800

Samsung Electronics - Never received refund charged additional $800
Samsung Electronics - Never received refund charged additional $800 - Image 2
Original review Jan 22, 2024
I purchased a Samsung phone for $955.86 on Dec 26th. Received phone Dec 27th. Returned phone Dec 28th. Never received refund and now samsung is trying to charge me an additional $800 for trade in. I have called them over 10 times emailed receipt 10 times. US33941****
Loss:
Cons:
  • Frauds by service centers

Preferred solution: Full refund

Henry M Tve

Mi nevera no trabaja es una Samsung Model RF22A4221SR

Samsung Electronics - Mi nevera no trabaja es una Samsung Model RF22A4221SR
La nevera está conectada ala corriente pero el compresor no arranca, no se escucha que arranque ni en ventilador trabaja. Están encendidas la luces dentro de la cabina
Robert S Fgq

| map-marker Fairfield, California

Samsung does not take responsibility for their mistakes.

Samsung Electronics - Samsung does not take responsibility for their mistakes.
No response yet. I'm sure that try to forget that the fact that the finish is important to seal the fridges finish so moisture won't seem through and creat other issue like rust or even the chips that come off the fridge door ends up in my ice maker, which could be toxic to humans. I didn't realize that the paint chips were in my ice till it was pointed out to me...so im not sure how much I have consumed, but I know for s fact that it's not very good for the human body to consume this poison.

Preferred solution: Full refund

Stanislaus Ocq

| map-marker Sydney, New South Wales

My TV

Samsung Electronics - My TV
Samsung Electronics - My TV - Image 2
Samsung Electronics - My TV - Image 3
the TV has technical issue . the actual body clicks . been diagnosed by those technicians saying we can change the panel . i was not happy . the TV still brand new and u want to replace the old panel with new one . its big NO . However the manager talked to me forcing me to do so . how can be a well-known company like Samsung forcing their clients to accept a faulty TV . thats a daytime steal the TV is still like a newborn 25 days old and has such an issue where u FORCE me to fix it . Ridiculous people

User's recommendation: will not recommend

map-marker Houston, Texas

Item left in new washer

Samsung Electronics - Item left in new washer
Prior to setting up our new washer my wife found a large yellow plastic encased magnet. Why would that be in our new top loader washer?

User's recommendation: Check out your appliance prior to use.

Julia P Fih

| map-marker Chalan Kanoa 4, Commonwealth Of The Northern Mariana Islands

Fraud

Samsung Electronics - Fraud

Hi my name is Julia, and I was wondering if you have any employee by the name of Ainhoa *** because they contacted me saying i won 800****, and they need my bank account number, i didn't give them because i know it was a scam, I'm just writing to warn you guys about what's going on, they are using Samsung to scam innocent people, and it's not right, some people are struggling to make ends meet and their using your company name to scam people. So sorry for the inconvenient.

I'm from a small island called Saipan and we don't *** to those kinds of things.

Just check the name on Facebook and see for yourself. He said he works at this address 3655 N first st, San Jose CA 95134, United States

Maria M Jfp

Damaged Good Received - Horrible Customer Service

I ordered a new refrigerator from Samsung directly vs. getting from box store.

This was simply based upon delivery availability, with Samsung having the best deliver dates. Unfortunately that did not hold true, as the initial planned date was rescheduled multiple times only to be received a week later. From there it got worse. The refrigerator received had a dent in the SS door panel.

When you pay $2k for an item, you want to have it not be damaged, so I asked for it to be replaced. The delivery personnel contacted Samsung and they agreed to send a replacement but allowed me to keep the unit until it arrive. This was 1.6.24. Nearly a month passed before the replacement arrived.

Before bringing it into our home, we (delivery personnel and myself) looked at the unit. It too had dents in the SS, so I refused the delivery. This delivery was rescheduled multiple times as well. I have spent nearly 16 hours on the phone speaking to Samsung and RXO (delivery personnel) before my case was escalated (whoohoo Tier 3) to a rep who ensured me this would be resolved.

I was told that a replacement would be provided and upon delivery of a non-damaged unit, the delivery team would pick up the current model. Now weeks later and MANY (at least 20) emails, I am being told they cannot send a replacement until I return the unit I have, thus being without a refrigerator until they can send me a replacement. I am being told I need to return, they will credit my account and then I can reorder a replacement at the same price. How is this the proper way to handle this?!?!

Why would I even repurchase from them at that point.

I get it. They are worth billions and I am a spec of sand in it all, however this is hands down the worst customer service experience I have ever had.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Don't accept a damaged product expecting replacement as promised

Brands Related to Samsung Electronics

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article