Samsung Electronics - Samsung Blu-ray Player
My fiance and I bought one of Samsung's 3D Blu-ray entertainment units on Boxing Day of 2012 when it came up at a really good price.We have only had this unit for 9 months but we first had problems about 4 months into owning this piece of ***.
According to Samsung's """AH-MAZING""" tech support (i.e. people who unfortunately have had to take a lot of my wrath because they receive no formal training other than how to copy and paste Samsung's FAQ over and over again...), this entertainment unit has a frequent problem of overheating (if it's so frequent, I'm not sure why it hasn't been resolved yet in production.) To protect itself, it will shut off randomly. The first time I contacted tech support, the fine gentleman on the other line told me to GO BUY A FAN TO PUT BEHIND IT. Genius.
I mean yes, lets spend more money to fix a problem that I have never had with entertainment units 10 times as old. Wonderful. That was literally his only solution. Not to mention we have already separated the unit from any surrounding units.
It is in a little cubicle on its own with an openly ventilated back, none of the wires touching each other on the unit itself and it is propped up on a wire cooling rack from our kitchen. After all of this we STILL have to place ice packs wrapped in bags on top of it when it overheats. This thing has been a never-ending problem. I can't even get 40 minutes into a movie without it shutting off every ten minutes from then on.
It is INFURIATING. I contacted tech support a second time online because even though their website clearly states that they have a 24-hour telephone service line, they were "closed" for the day. After getting the run-around for about 20 minutes I finally got the lady to agree that the unit needed servicing. I expected something a little quicker and more convenient than "send off your unit with UPS and we'll return it when its fixed." I'm sorry but I don't feel like waiting for 5-7 weeks for the *** thing to be fixed.
I didn't have the time to send it off for about a week after speaking to the rep, so naturally they cancelled the order. Great. Now if I want servicing again I will have to go through the tech support bull for a third time. I really don't feel like wasting hundreds of dollars more on a replacement system, but at this time I'm feeling like that is our only option.
Unbelievably *** products and terrible customer service.0/10 Do NOT recommend.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Samsung Blu Ray
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "My boyfriend Bought me the 60inch element HD Tv this Feb 14 2015 for a Valentine's gift and it now has a bright long straight green line going from the..."
- "14 months after purchasing my PIC units, one of them came totally apart. Customer service tells me "sorry it only comes with a 12 month warranty. Offered me a discount..."
- "This is what my Samsung Refrigerator model RS265TDRS did to my house. It killed my dog Ruffy and cat Amy. And all my fish. Something has to be done about..."
- "Purchased from Home Depot a RO water filtration system, it leaked and caused damage. They sent plumbers to repair it a few times and the damage under the sink cannot..."
- "This clinic removes all of the many negative comments almost immediately from its Instagram page..... but sometimes you catch one before it disappears! Nadia's comment has already vanished! Check for..."
- "We got a new roof that is now in our falling piece by piece in to our yard. This is not the first time either. September 20th is when the..."
- "Purchased 2 chairs and sofa bed 2014/09 along with the warranty. W/in 2 yrs one of the chairs had a rip in the fabric. I live alone, no grandchildren yet..."
- "Just got my order from you guys and the pen is missing....Order# 11694149..."