Samsung Electronics - Samsung Blu-ray Player
My fiance and I bought one of Samsung's 3D Blu-ray entertainment units on Boxing Day of 2012 when it came up at a really good price.We have only had this unit for 9 months but we first had problems about 4 months into owning this piece of ***.
According to Samsung's """AH-MAZING""" tech support (i.e. people who unfortunately have had to take a lot of my wrath because they receive no formal training other than how to copy and paste Samsung's FAQ over and over again...), this entertainment unit has a frequent problem of overheating (if it's so frequent, I'm not sure why it hasn't been resolved yet in production.) To protect itself, it will shut off randomly. The first time I contacted tech support, the fine gentleman on the other line told me to GO BUY A FAN TO PUT BEHIND IT. Genius.
I mean yes, lets spend more money to fix a problem that I have never had with entertainment units 10 times as old. Wonderful. That was literally his only solution. Not to mention we have already separated the unit from any surrounding units.
It is in a little cubicle on its own with an openly ventilated back, none of the wires touching each other on the unit itself and it is propped up on a wire cooling rack from our kitchen. After all of this we STILL have to place ice packs wrapped in bags on top of it when it overheats. This thing has been a never-ending problem. I can't even get 40 minutes into a movie without it shutting off every ten minutes from then on.
It is INFURIATING. I contacted tech support a second time online because even though their website clearly states that they have a 24-hour telephone service line, they were "closed" for the day. After getting the run-around for about 20 minutes I finally got the lady to agree that the unit needed servicing. I expected something a little quicker and more convenient than "send off your unit with UPS and we'll return it when its fixed." I'm sorry but I don't feel like waiting for 5-7 weeks for the *** thing to be fixed.
I didn't have the time to send it off for about a week after speaking to the rep, so naturally they cancelled the order. Great. Now if I want servicing again I will have to go through the tech support bull for a third time. I really don't feel like wasting hundreds of dollars more on a replacement system, but at this time I'm feeling like that is our only option.
Unbelievably *** products and terrible customer service.0/10 Do NOT recommend.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Samsung Blu Ray
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Hi I bought the car from Saxton and I have been ask if I want dvd headrest entertainment unit as is on offer normally is £2000 but we doing it..."
- "My Samsung Galaxy S3 was working perfectly ever since yesterday evening when I arrived home from work. I looked at the phone and noticed it was asking to do a..."
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."
- "I paid Dark Horse Saddlery to do a saddle fitting on my new horse, and then let them order me a saddle in the size they recommended. When it arrived,..."
- "Just got my order from you guys and the pen is missing....Order# 11694149..."
- "Time after time. I go in to eat at the restaurant. A nice sit down meal, relax and enjoy dinner. 4x in 6 weeks I get a dinner before I..."
- "I have made the mistake of purchasing 2 leather sofa's in which the pillows tend to keep propping out and we keep sinking into the back of the sofa and..."
- "Having worked for nine years and had Frontier service as long. They have Tech's that will add services to your billing and until you discover it they won't return any..."