We should have just bought the Brother printer!
We're a couple engineers that occasionally work from home and run a small community so we though we'd get ourselves a top of the line LED printer. After weeks of searching online we spotted the CLX-6260FW Colour Multifunction LED Printer for $550.
WHAT A MISTAKE!
Printer #1 The unit failed within two weeks because of a motor burn out, and we'd had the chance to print a whole of 10 pages. OK... I can deal with this I thought and dialled Samsung support to be told I couldn't just return it because it needed to be inspected and deemed damaged (even though the printer screen was saying it had burned motors). How long will all this take? Apparently a whole month and we'll have to buy another printer in the mean time if we want to print.
Printer #2, Worked fine for one day before it locked me out of it's configuration panel and refused any use. I called Samsung to ask how to factory reset the unit to be told "You can't, you have to throw it away and buy another one.". Five days of phone conversations eventually resulted in someone knowing the reset method. So happy that things were working at last, the printer died just two weeks after getting it and locked all of it's controls and buttons giving a message of "UI failure".
With another phone call to Samsung after explaining what's happening I got asked the dumbest set of questions I've ever heard "did you connect the wi-fi?, what's your wi-fi password? have you installed everything properly?, did you connect the power? have you tried to enter a password?". You have got to be joking, send someone to pick it up and get it out of my house now, I'm not wasting another second with your stupidity.
Needless to say I spend 10 hours on the phone with Samsung to have my intelligence insulted, have the manual read to me like a bed time story, endured two printers that lasted for two weeks each and waited 3 months to have $1100 refunded to me all because Samsung is an incompetent company that I will never buy from again. EVER!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Samsung Multifunction Printer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I purchased 2 two nu wave oven and both went through the same failure , dome crack. Other problem is that the unit at a year start losing the..."
- "I bought an expensive, stainless steel Samsung dishwasher model: DMR77LHS/XAA and it constantly breaks down due to poor materials used in construction. Plastic tabs used to hold the upper..."
- "purchase a nuwave oven in less than one year the dome like all other complaints i have read has cracked. had i known about the DEFFECT in this product i..."
- "I am having the worst experience of my life by dealing with AV Jennings. Sales rep was nice and all good - saying how good AVJ is and will be..."
- "I am very disappointed in the Disney Company, They make a movie Starring Tinker Bell as a Fairy. If you look at the original Peter Pan Movie you will notice..."
- "My husband and I are planning our trip to Europe next year. I saw this add from Trafalgar and when I called the Trafalgar agent to lock in this..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."