Samsung Electronics - Samsung CLX-6260FW Colour LED Multifunction Printer
We should have just bought the Brother printer!
We're a couple engineers that occasionally work from home and run a small community so we though we'd get ourselves a top of the line LED printer. After weeks of searching online we spotted the CLX-6260FW Colour Multifunction LED Printer for $550.
WHAT A MISTAKE!
Printer #1 The unit failed within two weeks because of a motor burn out, and we'd had the chance to print a whole of 10 pages. OK... I can deal with this I thought and dialled Samsung support to be told I couldn't just return it because it needed to be inspected and deemed damaged (even though the printer screen was saying it had burned motors). How long will all this take? Apparently a whole month and we'll have to buy another printer in the mean time if we want to print.
Printer #2, Worked fine for one day before it locked me out of it's configuration panel and refused any use. I called Samsung to ask how to factory reset the unit to be told "You can't, you have to throw it away and buy another one.". Five days of phone conversations eventually resulted in someone knowing the reset method. So happy that things were working at last, the printer died just two weeks after getting it and locked all of it's controls and buttons giving a message of "UI failure".
With another phone call to Samsung after explaining what's happening I got asked the dumbest set of questions I've ever heard "did you connect the wi-fi?, what's your wi-fi password? have you installed everything properly?, did you connect the power? have you tried to enter a password?". You have got to be joking, send someone to pick it up and get it out of my house now, I'm not wasting another second with your stupidity.
Needless to say I spend 10 hours on the phone with Samsung to have my intelligence insulted, have the manual read to me like a bed time story, endured two printers that lasted for two weeks each and waited 3 months to have $1100 refunded to me all because Samsung is an incompetent company that I will never buy from again. EVER!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Samsung Multifunction Printer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Tv is 2 years old good thing i was home left bottom corner started to smolder almost like it would catch on fire if left u noticed ..."
- "Approximately eight weeks ago white dots began appearing on my Samsung DLP TV. What first began as two dots has grown to a dozen with more emerging daily. ..."
- "Hearthware has redesigned a new "Power Dome" that they say will withstand the temperature of the oven (why they would have designed a dome that doesn't withstand the heat, nobody..."
- "After searching for a specific cover for my Dagde A100 pickup seal skin supposedly had the one for me. As being an international purchaser I like the 100% free shipping..."
- "I have ordered Roshe shoes, size US 8 (UK5.5) in black and white, but received a size US 5.5 (UK 3) in a speckled black and white colour. When..."
- "I'm from Australia and trying to source a DYMO LabelWriter Print Server. DYMO Australia referred me to America, as DYMO Australia doesn't sell it. DYMO America doesn't ship overseas. I..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."
- "Purchased a 6.5 ft Aspen Silver Fir Tree with Candlelight bulbs, received a tree with clear LED and one strand of Candlelight. See picture, Yellow Candlelight bulbs on bottom, clear..."