Samsung Electronics - Samsung CLX-6260FW Colour LED Multifunction Printer

198 of 650 Samsung Electronics reviews

We should have just bought the Brother printer!

We're a couple engineers that occasionally work from home and run a small community so we though we'd get ourselves a top of the line LED printer. After weeks of searching online we spotted the CLX-6260FW Colour Multifunction LED Printer for $550.

WHAT A MISTAKE!

Printer #1 The unit failed within two weeks because of a motor burn out, and we'd had the chance to print a whole of 10 pages. OK... I can deal with this I thought and dialled Samsung support to be told I couldn't just return it because it needed to be inspected and deemed damaged (even though the printer screen was saying it had burned motors). How long will all this take? Apparently a whole month and we'll have to buy another printer in the mean time if we want to print.

Printer #2, Worked fine for one day before it locked me out of it's configuration panel and refused any use. I called Samsung to ask how to factory reset the unit to be told "You can't, you have to throw it away and buy another one.". Five days of phone conversations eventually resulted in someone knowing the reset method. So happy that things were working at last, the printer died just two weeks after getting it and locked all of it's controls and buttons giving a message of "UI failure".

With another phone call to Samsung after explaining what's happening I got asked the dumbest set of questions I've ever heard "did you connect the wi-fi?, what's your wi-fi password? have you installed everything properly?, did you connect the power? have you tried to enter a password?". You have got to be joking, send someone to pick it up and get it out of my house now, I'm not wasting another second with your stupidity.

Needless to say I spend 10 hours on the phone with Samsung to have my intelligence insulted, have the manual read to me like a bed time story, endured two printers that lasted for two weeks each and waited 3 months to have $1100 refunded to me all because Samsung is an incompetent company that I will never buy from again. EVER!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
198 of 650 Samsung Electronics reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 30 #1103285

Couldn't agree more, what a piece of ***. I'm at my wits end fixing one thing after another with the undercooked load of dogs balls. I should've just bought a Brother also.

bond

Jan 18, 2015 #932734 Copenhagen, Hovedstaden, Denmark

Entering Tech Mode
To enter the service mode, press 1,2,3 number keys simultaneously. When the password dialog box appears, enter “1934”
and press the “OK” button.
Test Routine and Others and Memory Clear
and then i hav reset password ofr admin

2 0 Reply
Plugh

Jan 29, 2015 #938416 Ish, Hovedstaden, Denmark

Thank you Bond!
You have just made my day (or rather night) :-)

Cruzman

Dec 01, 2014 #908818 Tj, Vestfold, Norway

I also have problems with resetting it.
Cant get any proper answer from Samsung.
How do you do it?

Nic

Jan 18, 2014 #775097 Erlangen, Bayern, Germany

And how did you end up resetting it? I also can not login into Syncthru.

6 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.