1.9
Ease of Use
Style and Design

We bought a Samsung washing machine a few years ago. We loved it and it worked great.

A couple months ago we got a recall notice in the mail that said the machine had an issue that might cause excessive vibrations which could result in damage or injury. We were given two options a small credit towards a new machine or to have them repair the defect. We chose the repair option. Immediately preceding the first repair the machine stopped working.

After putting a load in and setting the options it would start the wash but never finish. It keeps draining the filling the tub with water again over and over. It wastes unacceptable amounts of water and electricity and doesnt even wash the clothes. Ive called support countless times and each time they say the same thing.

Theyll send a service repairman out for the issue. Weve cleared our schedule and made arrangements three times for a repair man. Each time they come out and say that it has been fixed and should work. After the third failed repair I called and they wanted to schedule another (fourth) repair.

I told the customer service rep that this was unacceptable and I wanted the credit or a replacement. She opened an Executive Customer Relations ticket and told me someone from that ECR would contact me in 48 business hours. A week goes by and I dont receive any call. Yesterday we tried small load of towels on low spin setting.

The machine ran so long that it drained all the hot water in the house, in the middle of my kids bath. He had to finish his bath with cold water. I call today and speak with Torri at ECR and she tells me the same story, yet another service call must be made. This time she will instruct them to call Samsung during, as if somehow that will make a difference.

If you google Samsung top loader recall, you will find thousands of articles, videos, news reports, and even pending class action law suits.

Samsung, you cant treat your consumers like this. You made a defective product; you should stand behind it and make it right.

Review about: Samsung Electronics Washing Machine Repair.

I didn't like: Getting the runaround every time, Customer service.

Comments