Samsung Electronics - Samsung Device - Can't get working unit
I purchased a Note 10.1 2014 Edition, Model: SM-P6000ZKYXAR, Serial #: RF2D91963HB end of Feb 2014. The trouble with your product and service began soon after.
After using item for a week or two, I noticed some white, noisy video lines appearing on the screen intermittently. I posted a picture and a video of the behavior on my initial service request.
I called your help line and we traversed the typical troubleshooting tree, factory resetting the device, and did not fix the issue.
I decided to send the item in for service, Service Ticket # 4124472196. We sent the item to RSI as directed in Plano, Texas. I kept track of the service order which was convenient, and I received confirmation that the item was repaired by replacing a cable.
The item was lost in the mail briefly because he item was sent to the wrong address. I called UPS and they read the address back to me, and was missing the last two digits of my apartment number. I checked the service order confirmation and the address was correct. I had to travel to several apartments with the help of my apartment office to secure the item. When calling the service department, the staff was rude and refused to accept any blame for the error, as well as the UPS department as I expected.
When using the tablet, the item showed the original video issue as indicated before--the repair didn't fix the issue. I called executive support line and was instructed that I would have to send the tablet in again for a second repair. I promptly did this with Service Ticket 4124845177.
On June 10, received a phone call from a technician asking me what the problem with the tablet was. The technician had no knowledge of the previous attempt at repair. I explained the problem completely again and asked if they had any issue to call me and I would guide them through the process of making the error fault appear. I explicitly asked to call before sending the item back, but instead they sent the item back and couldn't duplicate the error.
I called help line as soon as I received acknowledgement of an unsuccessful attempt at repair. The operator was kind and offered a time for a callback of 430 on Wednesday. Not to my surprise, this agreement was not honored...I didn't receive a phone call.
I received the tablet back from RSI last night. I promptly turned the device on and the same initial fault of the video white line issue appeared after opening the Chrome browser, literally within 5 seconds of turning the device on. The item still has the original issue.
I am completely unsatisfied with the tablet and the process in which I need to service the item. I even empathize with the electronics manufacturing process. .I understand the process sometimes yields faulty product. However, this entire relationship with Samsung, and I must say this is my first Samsung product of any kind, has been a failure at every level. The majority of the interactions have been filled with inconsistencies, ducking blame, and broken agreements. My fiance and I have spent at least 8 hours, 500 dollars on the tablet and incredible amounts of grief and inconvenience for the company's inability to provide me with the good and services I have requested.
I would like either a working, new product of equal or better value, or I want my money back. Period. I understand I'm probably a unknown percentage of the people that get faulty units. I imagine some customers eventually give up after being exhausted with the process. Unfortunately, I will not go away, I will not give up until Samsung meets their end of this deal!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Laptop advertised in paper ad and on Internet from Walmart for $549. Found out can only order on line. Click on ad and took me to Walmart's site..."
- "I purchased a Dell Optiplex 780 model refurbished PC from Wal-Mart Online and will regret it until my dying day! It was $275 + $47 for the Wal-Mart Product Care..."
- "Samsung S3 purchased June 2012. Motherboard failed 21st December 2012. Took to repair station, who said they couldn't repair and sent to Samsung. Eventually returned on 10th January 2013. Noticed..."
- "I was also DENIED by Turo. They requested my Photo id and credit card info. I have an 810 credit score, perfect driving + insurance history and elite membership status..."
- "I purchased a waist training belt. I wore it one time and in less than two hours, it tore in two places. I tried returning it and have just been..."
- "i have been a customer for years and my account was deleted with no explanation of why? i paid for and upgrade this week and the same day it went..."