Samsung Electronics - Samsung Dishwasher ***-poor product

I bought an expensive, stainless steel Samsung dishwasher model: DMR77LHS/XAA and it constantly breaks down due to poor materials used in construction.Plastic tabs used to hold the upper basket in place break off with normal use and lodge in the drain hose, this shuts off the dishwasher.

It cost me $150 to remove this small plastic tab, and it keeps happening. The plastic used in construction becomes brittle with normal use and breaks off. The repair man said he sees the same problem all the time so it must be a defective part used in construction.

The upper basket is unstable, but the reason I am pissed is because the dishwasher does not work if there is anything lodged in the drain hose.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 14, 2012 #512806

Unable to reach a Samsung supervisor after 2 calls. Product DMT800RHS has broken tabs. So glad it didn't break the motor,,,yet!

Jul 05, 2012 #507517

very poor product design with regards to upper brackets! have same problem with my unit. Samsung refuses to admit problems with these *** poor plastic brackets. cannot get any company help! Please helllppp!

Aug 11, 2011 #327145

This has happened to me as well. We have had the repair man over at least twice. The last one left this afternoon and told me that eventually my drain hose (which drains slow) and pump will need to be replaced. I purchased this $$ dishwasher from Lowe's a little over two years ago. He also told me the panel (computerized) will go out soon as well. He told me that my dishwaher (drain issue) may work for one day, one week, etc. but it will stop running. I had a Bosch in my previous home for over 15 years, never, ever had a problem. I am kicking myself I bought a Samsung instead of BOSCH.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Samsung Electronics. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Samsung Electronics.
Filing a new complaint about