8.5K views

Update by user Oct 21, 2013

An update, After contact twice with the California Attorney generals office, I received a full refund from Samsung.when they called me, they said they had a meeting and would return the cost of the refrigerator AND the $255.00 in taxes.

According to them they never return the taxes. I had to buy another refrig. at a higher costs and would have spent over 500 in taces. Wasn;t right and I refused their version of "full refund" until I got the taxes.

It was a long ordeal and should never have been.

My advise, don't buy SamSung.They have no customer service once you buy their products.

Original review posted by user Jul 03, 2012

I recently purchased a samsung french door, bottom freezer and the trouble began within a month or two and has continued the entire 1st year.I recently learned that the company has sold refrigerators since 2005 with defected coils which freeze and the refrigerator cannot maintain temperature.

A class action suit was filed in 2010 by consumers. In addition to purchasing a Lemon at Sears, the repair company has been a nightmare. Numerous losses of entire freezer and refrigerator full of food, damage to floors and loss of days of out time waiting for a repair company that may or may not show and never within the scheduled timeframe. what a nightmare.

Buy a Samsung phone, but never a refrigerator.

They have spent millions to off-set the reality of their product including marketing the refrigerators as "Excellent for temperature control" when they are anything but that.Hopefully, the class action lawsuit will expose this fraud by Samsung and the Companies that continue to sell this defected product.

Review about: Samsung Electronics Refrigerator.

Had an Experience with Samsung Electronics?

Comments

Fort Worth, Texas, United States #1350807

I have a French door bottom freezer Samsung.Bought at Conns.

Nothing but problems, of course warranty expired.No help from Conns or Samsung.looking for info on any redress available

My daughter bought a new Samsung refrigerator a year and half ago and nothing but trouble don't buy one. She is going to file a lawsuit

Kent, Washington, United States #1250957

I need to join this lawsuit.I have a RF265ABBP that was purchased in 2010.

The coils freeze over, motor runs very loud and then it stops cooling. Have had multiple repair men and now they are telling me to join the lawsuit because Samsung built faulty refrigerators.

Please let me know.Thank you.

to CatherineAhn Hollywood, Florida, United States #1275629

I have the same issue with a three year old fridge. The ice build up next to the fan, it makes some noise and stop cooling.can you please advise how I can join the class action lawsuit. Thanks!

Lewes, Delaware, United States #1231957

I also have a crappie Samsung refrigerator that the coils freeze up which cause water to drip in Veg. Draw and because of that ice maker doesn't work correctly, always have broken ice or chips.

I have had nothing but problems out of this Samsung refrigerator.My husband paid more than $1000 for it.

We have had it repaired at least 4 times.

The coils constantly freeze up.I've lost several dollars in food.

Purchased Samsung French drawer refrigerator/freezer.Door handles and drawer handle are screwed in and PAINTED.

Within a week the paint began to chip, flake and fall off. Contacted Sears. They did nothing but refer me to Samsung who referred me to part manufacturer who referred me back to Samsung. Finally got one new door handle and one drawer handle out of them.

Husband took the old ones off and sprayer them with white Rustoleum epoxy.

Now they're peeling, too, so we'll sand them and paint again.WE WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT OF ANY SORT.

Clearwater, Florida, United States #949526

I have a rs265tdwp that has had the freezing up problem since 6/2013.I bought it from Lowes on memorial day, now my freezer doesn't work.

Does anyone know if there is another class action suit.

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, United States #939456

I am a member of this " Samsung refrigerator" nightmare.My advice is to file with the Better Business Bureau.

File a complaint with your States attorney general. If we all raise enough stink, something may come of this.

What do we have to lose?We've already lost tons of money on this piece of ***!

#920848

The phones aren't any better and the service is the same. Non-existent.