2.3
Ease of Use
Style and Design

My wife and I purchased a new Samsung Top Load washing machine October 2017 to replace our LG Front Load that was ruined by flooding from Hurricane Harvey to our home. After a few months, we started to notice some specks of black stuff on some of our clothes.

We looked at the Manual and it mentioned about if the machine was dirty because of mold the clean indicator light would come on, NO LIGHT EVER CAME ON THEN OR NOW, and it mentioned run it through a Clean Cycle, so we did. It helped some but the black specks still kept appearing. My wife called Samsung about 3 months ago, and they said run a cup of white vinegar through a clean cycle (not mentioned in the Manual), so we did. Seemed to help for a week or two, and then back to square one, more black specks.

My wife called Samsung again, and this time was told to run a cup of white vinegar every 4 to 6 loads, sorry now we have a problem with that answer, and Samsung escalated the issue and sent out a Samsung Tech to our home on 08/28/2018, stated to us that Samsung has known about this black mold issue and the machine needs a self clean, he took a couple photos of black mold and said he never heard of the clean indicator light ever coming on, he wrote no defect found. I wrote a complaint to the NJ BBB, with little or no help to speak of, it's still open. This got their attention and they sent a 2nd Tech in Sept. 2018, this time from a Company called D3S for a second opinion.

This Tech took apart the agitator and inside the internal parts was and is BLACK MOLD, See @ Attached time date stamped photos taken when the Tech took the agitator apart. We have attempted to negotiate with a person from The Office of President with Samsung with no luck. We have agreed to the price they offered for the washing machine of $764.15 but Samsung refuses to pay the reasonable cost of installation and haul away BestBuy will, See Attached 2 Sheets from BestBuy Install and Haul Away Costs, of $52.45. We shouldn't have to pay for an issue Samsung caused and created, and when we purchased this washing machine in late 2017 we paid those same costs.

Our current problem is Samsung will not test this Black Mold to see if it is a deadly type, and I am very allergic to mold, my immune system is compromised, have allergy asthma and emphysema and are we inhaling black mold that is in our clothing now that we can't see?

Are other Consumers unaware and maybe inhaling or breathing in Black Mold as well that have similar Samsung top load washing machines? This may be a big problem if it is a deadly form of Black Mold.

Reason of review: Black Mold.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 08.

Comments