Samsung Electronics - Samsung TV White Dots Customer Dissatisfaction
Update added by user Apr 11, 2014
Samsung is working with me and is correcting the problem. I am so pleased! They have issued us a work order number and the service company has schedule a date.
My faith is restored in Samsung.
Original review posted by user Apr 06, 2014
Approximately eight weeks ago white dots began appearing on my Samsung DLP TV. What first began as two dots has grown to a dozen with more emerging daily. Knowing that Samsung currently has a DLP settlement notice where Samsung is repairing DLPs due to what is known as a faulting DMD chip (see: http://www.samsung.com/us/dlptvsettlement/) I contacted Samsung on March 9, 2014 via an online chat . I was told that my Samsung DLP TV HL56A650 (serial no. HL56A650C1FXZA) was not included in the DLP settlement and that Samsung would be happy to repair the TV at a cost. The cost of repair of the DLP DMD chip is approximately over $300.00. I explained to Samsung’s Customer Service Rep that my Samsung DLP TV HL56A650 was not the first TV to have this problem. (Samsung Class Action Settlement Notice http://www.samsung.com/us/dlptvsettlement/Class_Action_Settlement_Notice.pdf)
Here are some links to other Samsung DLP TV HL56A650 customers who are having the same issue:
On March 25, 2014, after trying to get Samsung to agree to correct the flawed DLP TV I received an email stating the following: “We received your claim in our Executive Customer Relations department regarding your Samsung unit. Samsung has a one year manufactures warranty, due to the age of your unit, there is no further accommodation Samsung can offer. If you need repairs for your unit, can call your local service center, or contact 1-800-Samsung for out of warranty repairs.”
I am very unhappy with my Samsung purchase. Samsung is aware of this issue/flaw regarding other DLP TVs ; the links above show that Samsung is also aware of the DLP TV issue/flaw with the Samsung DLP TV HL56A650.
If Samsung does not rectify this situation I will not be able to recommend their products to others. I sincerely hope Samsung does not let its good name be sullied by their failure to correct a known and well-documented design flaw.
Customer reference number: 2125689088
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Samsung Dlp Tv
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I cannot believe the LACK of customer service I received from Samsung. I purchased a Samsung Smart TV in October that I gave as a gift at Christmas. Once the..."
- "Bought this machine 2 years ago as I wash a lot of clothing. In that time, I am literally watching this machine rust before my eyes. I contacted Sears and..."
- "Purchased a Galaxy S7 Edge on March 18th 2016 instead of my usual option due to a promotion in which you would receive a free Gear VR. My disabled son..."
- "i trusted a friend and signed up, within 20 minutes of making my first order i called in because i wanted to cancel it, i didn't notice that there was..."
- "I bought a Victoria Secret blanket from a girl named ac96 and She tried to make a lie up and won't refund my money, I want every fine back on..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."