Samsung Electronics - Samsung TV White Dots Customer Dissatisfaction
Update added by user Apr 11, 2014
Samsung is working with me and is correcting the problem. I am so pleased! They have issued us a work order number and the service company has schedule a date.
My faith is restored in Samsung.
Original review posted by user Apr 06, 2014
Approximately eight weeks ago white dots began appearing on my Samsung DLP TV. What first began as two dots has grown to a dozen with more emerging daily. Knowing that Samsung currently has a DLP settlement notice where Samsung is repairing DLPs due to what is known as a faulting DMD chip (see: http://www.samsung.com/us/dlptvsettlement/) I contacted Samsung on March 9, 2014 via an online chat . I was told that my Samsung DLP TV HL56A650 (serial no. HL56A650C1FXZA) was not included in the DLP settlement and that Samsung would be happy to repair the TV at a cost. The cost of repair of the DLP DMD chip is approximately over $300.00. I explained to Samsung’s Customer Service Rep that my Samsung DLP TV HL56A650 was not the first TV to have this problem. (Samsung Class Action Settlement Notice http://www.samsung.com/us/dlptvsettlement/Class_Action_Settlement_Notice.pdf)
Here are some links to other Samsung DLP TV HL56A650 customers who are having the same issue:
On March 25, 2014, after trying to get Samsung to agree to correct the flawed DLP TV I received an email stating the following: “We received your claim in our Executive Customer Relations department regarding your Samsung unit. Samsung has a one year manufactures warranty, due to the age of your unit, there is no further accommodation Samsung can offer. If you need repairs for your unit, can call your local service center, or contact 1-800-Samsung for out of warranty repairs.”
I am very unhappy with my Samsung purchase. Samsung is aware of this issue/flaw regarding other DLP TVs ; the links above show that Samsung is also aware of the DLP TV issue/flaw with the Samsung DLP TV HL56A650.
If Samsung does not rectify this situation I will not be able to recommend their products to others. I sincerely hope Samsung does not let its good name be sullied by their failure to correct a known and well-documented design flaw.
Customer reference number: 2125689088
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Samsung Dlp Tv
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought an expensive, stainless steel Samsung dishwasher model: DMR77LHS/XAA and it constantly breaks down due to poor materials used in construction. Plastic tabs used to hold the upper..."
- "Hello! I am reporting from Cleveland, Ohio and I was introduced to the ACN opportunity by my girlfriends parents, Corey and Tonya Anderson. I visited their home at Thanksgiving to..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."
- "NuWave generally sells their ovens with the clear dome that, with regular use, cracks and or self-destructs within 6 months to a year. The cost to replace the dome..."