3.9K views 10 comments
Featured 100% full Not resolved

Update by user Apr 11, 2014

Samsung is working with me and is correcting the problem. I am so pleased! They have issued us a work order number and the service company has schedule a date.

My faith is restored in Samsung.

Original review posted by user Apr 06, 2014

Approximately eight weeks ago white dots began appearing on my Samsung DLP TV. What first began as two dots has grown to a dozen with more emerging daily. Knowing that Samsung currently has a DLP settlement notice where Samsung is repairing DLPs due to what is known as a faulting DMD chip (see: http://www.samsung.com/us/dlptvsettlement/) I contacted Samsung on March 9, 2014 via an online chat . I was told that my Samsung DLP TV HL56A650 (serial no. HL56A650C1FXZA) was not included in the DLP settlement and that Samsung would be happy to repair the TV at a cost. The cost of repair of the DLP DMD chip is approximately over $300.00. I explained to Samsung’s Customer Service Rep that my Samsung DLP TV HL56A650 was not the first TV to have this problem. (Samsung Class Action Settlement Notice http://www.samsung.com/us/dlptvsettlement/Class_Action_Settlement_Notice.pdf)

Here are some links to other Samsung DLP TV HL56A650 customers who are having the same issue:

On March 25, 2014, after trying to get Samsung to agree to correct the flawed DLP TV I received an email stating the following: “We received your claim in our Executive Customer Relations department regarding your Samsung unit. Samsung has a one year manufactures warranty, due to the age of your unit, there is no further accommodation Samsung can offer. If you need repairs for your unit, can call your local service center, or contact 1-800-Samsung for out of warranty repairs.”

I am very unhappy with my Samsung purchase. Samsung is aware of this issue/flaw regarding other DLP TVs ; the links above show that Samsung is also aware of the DLP TV issue/flaw with the Samsung DLP TV HL56A650.

If Samsung does not rectify this situation I will not be able to recommend their products to others. I sincerely hope Samsung does not let its good name be sullied by their failure to correct a known and well-documented design flaw.

Thomas

Samsung #5108062949

Customer reference number: 2125689088

Review about: Samsung Dlp Tv.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Samsung Electronics Tv
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $400
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Samsung Electronics?

Comments

My Samsung DLP TV began showing white dots on the left side of my TV...it began as couple of dots, however now has over 300 dots all over the TV...it sucks when you contact Samsung and they give you this lame reason to cover up what appears to be an ongoing issue with their product. Shame on them. AF in Florida.

I AM HAVING THE SAME WHITE DOT PROBLEMS ON MY TV ,

WHEN I CALLED SAMSUNG, I WAS TOLD THAT THEY ARE NOT PROVIDING THE FIX SINCE FEB 2014.HOWEVER I WAS OFFERED THE SERVICE IF I PAID FOR IT.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

retiffner

Hopeful, I have the same issue on the same model number.Mine also started in Oct with 2 dots and now is at 5.

I contacted Samsung and got the same response.

I am looking into the repair myself and it appears to be a $199. DMD chip replacement.

That should be a simple repair.I have yet to get the details though.

Hopeful
Tampa, Florida, United States #1071194

Well, it's almost 2016 and the white dots on our Samsung HL61A750A1F started to appear in October.It started with one and now there are about a dozen.

I googled "white dots on Samsung DLP" and was really blown away by how long this has been going on. I called Samsung - it's been too long for the recall, which my customer service rep said was just "exploratory" so Samsung could see if there really WAS a problem. Apparently they did not find one that was their fault and there wasn't any real "recall". I told my CS guy I'd never received any notice of a problem or recall on my TV or even heard about it.

He apologized, took my number and said a local service/repair shop would contact me with a price to fix it.

The TV is over 6 years old and we had to replace the bulb once. The new UHD TV's have become quite inexpensive - actually cheaper than my current 61" DLP was 6+ years ago. I'm only sorry that I can't really give it away or donate it in the condition that it's in.

It's still watchable for now - but I don't think I'd feel good about donating a TV that is only going to get worse with time.

If anyone knows of an existing class action lawsuit or a way to get Samsung to fix it at no cost - I'd appreciate a shout out.Thanks!

maheshcr
Redmond, Washington, United States #1056714

Worst customer service.I have white dots on my Samsung HLS4676SX/XAA and they argued it's an isolated problem until I proved there was a recall on this issue and I never got notified of the recall.

They say it's Out of Warranty and I need to pay for the service which runs to about $600.

I have 2 Samsung TVs, Phone and DVR.

Will never ever go with Samsung as I am looking to buy my 4K TV.Customer Service is worst and they had put me in touch with customer relations who doesn't get in touch.

SO DO YOU THINK THEYD DO ANYTHING THIS LATE IN TIME I CANT FIND MY RECIEPT AND I HAVE THIS EXACT SAME TV SAMSUNG MODEL HL56A650C1FXZA PLEASE EMAIL ME MBRANDOS1121atGMAILdot COM

RODNEY FROM MILWAUKEE

I noticed that I was having the same issue, so I contacted Samsung on May 20, 2015.I was told that my issue was no longer covered by the class action suit and that I was pretty much on my own .

I am a VERY loyal customer, oops correction, WAS a very loyal customer.

My Samsung purchases include a 65 and 22 inch tv, both note 3 and 4.THEY WILL NEVER RECEIVE ANOTHER DIME FROM ME!

Wade
Florida, United States #896613

Samsung SUCKS, They did nothing to correct problem, this TV is 3 years old has been at shop 2 times before the popular white dot issue ($150 each trip) Had me on the phone for 35 min just to say no.

HL56A650C1FXZA

Are they still charging you for the repairs? Or how did you get them to fix it?

to HL56A650C1FXZA Beverly Hills, Florida, United States #898195

Try posting issue on twitter