Samsung Electronics - Samsung washer RUSTING
Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine.Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just two years.
We were told by a service man this was a design issue Samsung had addressed in models after this one. Now are less than five years old, areas are starting to rust through even after we tried porcelain repair paint to slow it down and brushed it down to metal. Samsung support does not exist. Got a sales pitch instead on how Samsung has 'world class products' and an explanation on how rust forms.
If they are so versed in the formation of rust, why does their product rust out so quickly when it is known to be repeatedly exposed to water and chemicals (even though we never used the bleach dispenser). I was then told according to their database 'there are no reported issues with this washer model.' They must be deleting those calls/records because Amazon and other sites are saying something different.
I was also told this degradation is 'cosmetic damage' and not covered under their warranty.Cosmetic damage is a scratch, dent or something similar on the outside of the machine, not the complete erosion of material around a component you are supposed to be able to use.
My only recommendation is to steer clear of Samsung unless you enjoy replacing your appliances every couple years and don't mind a company that won't stand behind their product.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Ease of Use|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor product quality
- Claim no issues
- Premature rusting
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- ""i have samsung lcd 32 450 made in hungary year 2008 hd readyon the panel i have black ungeometrical forms like a shedows with big sensitivesIM SO DISAPOINTED becouse i..."
- "Bought this machine 2 years ago as I wash a lot of clothing. In that time, I am literally watching this machine rust before my eyes. I contacted Sears and..."
- "We purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher (Model 665.13732K601) when we remodeled approximately 4 years ago. The dishwasher has done a good job cleaning, but after the first year the buttons..."
- "i sent in my complaint 2 weeks ago....where is it? it is the same situation with the freezer leaking water because the defrost does not work and ice builds up...."
- "DiskDigger is often a data recovery software solution for all users that recouping your deleted or prepared files through the storage media associated with your operating system, which include various..."
- "Lustine has failed to disclose to their female customers that they hired a violent registered sex offender as a car salesman. I reconzied Philip Roberts due to a mugshot and..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."