Texas, United States
Featured on Instagram 100% full Not resolved

Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine.Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just two years.

We were told by a service man this was a design issue Samsung had addressed in models after this one. Now are less than five years old, areas are starting to rust through even after we tried porcelain repair paint to slow it down and brushed it down to metal. Samsung support does not exist. Got a sales pitch instead on how Samsung has 'world class products' and an explanation on how rust forms.

If they are so versed in the formation of rust, why does their product rust out so quickly when it is known to be repeatedly exposed to water and chemicals (even though we never used the bleach dispenser). I was then told according to their database 'there are no reported issues with this washer model.' They must be deleting those calls/records because Amazon and other sites are saying something different.

I was also told this degradation is 'cosmetic damage' and not covered under their warranty.Cosmetic damage is a scratch, dent or something similar on the outside of the machine, not the complete erosion of material around a component you are supposed to be able to use.

My only recommendation is to steer clear of Samsung unless you enjoy replacing your appliances every couple years and don't mind a company that won't stand behind their product.

Review about: Samsung Wa5451Anw Top Load Washing Machine.

I didn't like: Poor product quality, Claim no issues, Premature rusting.

1.5
Ease of Use
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $1000
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Samsung Electronics?

Submit review

Comments

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1301135

Have had same washer for 2 Years

And have been wiping edges of dispenser for a while then popped off the blue plastic bleach dispenser and to my surprise totally rusted out. I'm with you I would never purchase another Samsung product !!!

Jennifer
Durant, Oklahoma, United States #1291714

Same problem

We have same model, same problem in same time period.

I will NEVER purchases Samsung Appliance again.

Happened after warranty expired (year 2), no service support available.

Spent nearly $1000 only to have rust disintegrate the washer cabinet.

NEVER again, Samsung.

Mccordsville, Indiana, United States #1271296

The exact same thing is going on with my Samsung washer. So disappointing. So costly.

Prosper, Texas, United States #1264098

Mine is doing the same thing.4 years old and rusted through.

Changed my opinion of Samsung.

Terrible customer support.Stay away from their washing machines!!

Jank
Mesquite, Texas, United States #1244037

I would never buy a Samsung product again. Rusting in several places. Never have had a washer to do that before.

Dearborn, Michigan, United States #1226872

Same experience here.

Hartfield, Virginia, United States #1220407

Similar experience with a three year old washer. Avoid Samsung products!

Mike Davis