Samsung Electronics - Samsung washer RUSTING
Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine.Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just two years.
We were told by a service man this was a design issue Samsung had addressed in models after this one. Now are less than five years old, areas are starting to rust through even after we tried porcelain repair paint to slow it down and brushed it down to metal. Samsung support does not exist. Got a sales pitch instead on how Samsung has 'world class products' and an explanation on how rust forms.
If they are so versed in the formation of rust, why does their product rust out so quickly when it is known to be repeatedly exposed to water and chemicals (even though we never used the bleach dispenser). I was then told according to their database 'there are no reported issues with this washer model.' They must be deleting those calls/records because Amazon and other sites are saying something different.
I was also told this degradation is 'cosmetic damage' and not covered under their warranty.Cosmetic damage is a scratch, dent or something similar on the outside of the machine, not the complete erosion of material around a component you are supposed to be able to use.
My only recommendation is to steer clear of Samsung unless you enjoy replacing your appliances every couple years and don't mind a company that won't stand behind their product.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Ease of Use|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor product quality
- Claim no issues
- Premature rusting
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This is what my Samsung Refrigerator model RS265TDRS did to my house. It killed my dog Ruffy and cat Amy. And all my fish. Something has to be done about..."
- "Please read reviews prior to ordering from this company, I wish I had. Ordered a 48” Broan Range Hood $1,100.00. Arrived in box that look undamaged (same as..."
- "the new wave oven dome cracks under warranty u call to get a replacement one they sell you a upgraded one with three year warranty, caws they claim they no..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "I don't usually complain but this time I have to, it was a treat for my husband and I to have my granddaughter with us for dinner she's 16 and..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."