Samsung Electronics - Samsung washer RUSTING
Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine.Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just two years.
We were told by a service man this was a design issue Samsung had addressed in models after this one. Now are less than five years old, areas are starting to rust through even after we tried porcelain repair paint to slow it down and brushed it down to metal. Samsung support does not exist. Got a sales pitch instead on how Samsung has 'world class products' and an explanation on how rust forms.
If they are so versed in the formation of rust, why does their product rust out so quickly when it is known to be repeatedly exposed to water and chemicals (even though we never used the bleach dispenser). I was then told according to their database 'there are no reported issues with this washer model.' They must be deleting those calls/records because Amazon and other sites are saying something different.
I was also told this degradation is 'cosmetic damage' and not covered under their warranty.Cosmetic damage is a scratch, dent or something similar on the outside of the machine, not the complete erosion of material around a component you are supposed to be able to use.
My only recommendation is to steer clear of Samsung unless you enjoy replacing your appliances every couple years and don't mind a company that won't stand behind their product.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Ease of Use|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor product quality
- Claim no issues
- Premature rusting
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "purchase a nuwave oven in less than one year the dome like all other complaints i have read has cracked. had i known about the DEFFECT in this product i..."
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "My boyfriend Bought me the 60inch element HD Tv this Feb 14 2015 for a Valentine's gift and it now has a bright long straight green line going from the..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."
- "I bought a Victoria Secret blanket from a girl named ac96 and She tried to make a lie up and won't refund my money, I want every fine back on..."
- "I fell asleep while burning a Pier One Candle in my home. The material wrapped around the candle caught on fire and did some serious damage to my wall and..."