I have had my Samsung S5 for less than 6 months. It overheats regularly, and got very hot to the touch.
Yesterday morning it reset itself to factory settings automatically, and I lost all of my pictures, videos, contacts and apps. I hadn't even been using it at the time. I was only charging it. Then last night, I opened it up to see the inside and saw a yellowish substance in many locations inside the phone.
The substance was warm and sticky. I put the battery back in, and my phone would not start back up. I thought if it cooled down it might start up, but still no ... I double-checked that the battery was in securely, still no ...
I removed and replaced the SIM card, still no ... This is an expensive device, so for it to be so defective since I first started using it is very very disappointing. I will never use a Samsung phone again. I used an iPhone 4S prior to this, and will go back to that.
I never had the same problems with my iPhone 4s, and it is still in pristine condition.
The Android interface was fine ... but the phone itself, having to charge it so often, consistently overheating, and now it's completely dead.
Reason of review: Bad quality.
Monetary Loss: $599.
Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.