I started seeing the white dots on my HLT5076SX/XAA (bought 2 years ago from a reputable electronics store) last night. I called Samsung Support (1-800-SAMSUNG) right away and asked about this problem.

The support representative put me on hold while she traced my model and serial number and came back with this information:

"Your TV is out of warranty and this issue has not been reported for your model. I will go ahead and set an appointment to have your TV serviced, but it will be at your expense."

Ticket # 4112255546

I was a bit upset that I had spent so much on a TV, just to have it start failing after 2 years of service. So, I started looking at support forums and review sites (and finally CNET) and noticed that what I am experiencing is a 'known issue' with my DLP.

This really left a bad taste for Samsung's customer support.

So, this morning I called the 'Executive Support' line and got the same resolution.

"I am sorry to hear about your issue, and I understand your frustration. But you will have to pay for the service."

When I asked to speak to a manager that might be able to help me, she responded that this is the management support line and my call basically can't be escalated.

Sigh....

So, then I decided to try the online support on Samsung's website.

After a lengthy conversation with Stanford and his consultation with his supervisor Sam J., they said the exact same thing.

"There are no reported issues with this particular model."

Online Support Issue ID: LTK5640119120X

How can this be? There are a ton of reported issues with this model of DLP and the issue is exactly the same as mine....

I called back to the Executive Customer Support line (1-800-522-7341) and they ran through their script and came back with the same thing, again. I did ask about the defective part (DMP chip) and if they could either send me a list or pointme to a website where I could see the 'approved' models with this issue, where Samsung is paying for the fix.... She replied that she couldn't supply me with a list or website, but that I would have to search for the list on my own. Really???

I have been a loyal Samsung customer for many years and currently own their LCD TV and PC monitor products, CD/DVD/Blueray devices and of course this DLP.

I chose Samsung because of the quality of product that they seem to produce. I haven't really had a chance to use their customer support services until now, and I am just amazed at the lack of willingness to confirm and repair a known issue with their product which is obviously a defect due to so many complaints about the same issue..

If you are looking for a great product but with great support...... Might want to do some homework.

Review about: Samsung Electronics Tv.

Had an Experience with Samsung Electronics?

Comments

jr51j@aol.com

I too have the excat same problem, and also same outcome.Very nerve racking to see so many with excat problem and they told me they do not have an issue with this model.

my samsung ticket # 1106648990

I too have the excat same problem, and also same outcome.Very never racking to see so many with excat problem and they told me they do not have an issue with this model.

All you have to do is type in the model with white dots and thousands of links come up with the same excat problem.I have a JVC 19" tube telvision that traveled all over the world with me bought in 1998 and no issues.

my samsung ticket # 1106648990

I too have had the same experience. No more Samsung products for me!

My ticket number 4113297390 :( :cry